The old Southampton School was built in 1878. The rear addition was added in 1899 and the County of Bruce purchased the school in 1955 for the fee of $1.00, to be used as a Museum. It is the largest artifact in our collection.
In 1990, an extensive restoration project was undertaken to preserve this important historical landmark. In 1992 the tower cap was replaced.
In 2003 we moved out of the Museum and our Capital Project began. The 1878 School is now completely retrofitted to hold the Bruce Power Theatre, Archives & Reading Room, staff offices and meeting space.