Archives & Research Room Tips for Visiting
Welcome back. We’ve missed you!
- At this time, only one researcher will be permitted in the room at a time.
- Researchers are required to make appointments with Archives staff in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 226-909-2890.
- Appointments will correspond with Museum online booking times. In August, researchers may book the following time slots: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Researchers will be encouraged to discuss their research goals with staff by email or telephone prior to arrival, so that staff may retrieve some resources before the researcher’s arrival.
- Researchers will use a designated locker to store bags and other items not needed for research.
- Upon entering the Research Room, please proceed directly to the table with the chair. The Researcher will use the seat at the north table in the northwest corner. Plexi-glass barriers are placed along the aisle edge of the table to separate researchers from archives staff when discussing or passing materials.
- Plexi-glass barriers are placed behind the researcher computer and microfilm machines.
- Browsing in the Research Room will not be permitted at this time.
- Staff will retrieve all items required by researchers. Items sitting in quarantine will not be available to researchers.
- Researchers may move between the table and researcher computer or microfilm machine, and will be asked to maintain two-metre distancing while doing so.
- Researchers will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the Research Room.
- Researchers will have sanitized their hands upon entering the building, following Museum admission protocols.
- The researcher table, computers, microfilm reader and locker will be cleaned after each individual researcher’s use
- New researchers will be requested to complete a Researcher Registration form either online or in person.
- For returning registered researchers, Archives staff will record their name and date of visit, no longer requiring researchers to fill out the Daily Use form.
- Staff will photocopy materials on request, pursuant to the established fees. Materials will be passed through the opening in the plexi-glass barrier.
- At this time, only cash and cheque may be accepted as payment for photocopies.
- Materials used by researchers will be quarantined for at least 24 hours before they become available to another researcher.