Archives & Research Room Tips for Visiting
Welcome back. We’ve missed you!
- At this time, only two researchers will be permitted in the room at a time.
- Researchers are required to make appointments with Archives staff in advance by emailing email@example.com or calling 226-909-2890.
- As of September 1, researchers may book the following time slots from Monday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Researchers will be encouraged to discuss their research goals with staff by email or telephone prior to arrival, so that staff may retrieve some resources before the researcher’s arrival.
- Researchers will use a designated locker to store bags and other items not needed for research.
- Upon entering the Research Room, researchers will be directed to a work area.
- Plexi-glass barriers are placed at the work areas.
- Browsing in the Research Room will not be permitted at this time.
- Staff will retrieve all items required by researchers. Items sitting in 24-hour quarantine will not be available to researchers.
- Researchers will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the Research Room.
- Researchers will have sanitized their hands upon entering the building, following Museum admission protocols.
- The researcher table, computers, microfilm reader and locker will be cleaned after each individual researcher’s use
- New researchers will be requested to complete a Researcher Registration form in person or through the Online Researcher Registration Form.
- For returning registered researchers, Archives staff will record their name and date of visit, no longer requiring researchers to fill out the Daily Use form.
- Staff will retrieve materials for researchers from both the Research Room and secure Archival Storage area.
- Staff will photocopy materials on request, pursuant to the established fees. Materials will be passed through the opening in the plexi-glass barrier.
- Materials used by researchers will be quarantined for at least 24 hours before they become available to another researcher.