Visiting the Archives & Research Room
Welcome back. We’ve missed you!
Proof of vaccination is required for ages 12+ to attend at the Archives & Research Room.
- At this time, two areas are available for researchers. Up to two researchers may work in each area, if they legally permitted to sit in close proximity.
- Researchers are encouraged to book appointments to reserve a research table in advance, by calling Visitor Services Reception (VSR) 519-797-2080.
- When the Museum is open, researchers may book the following time slots from Monday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Researchers are also encouraged to discuss their research goals with archives staff by email or telephone prior to arrival (if the goals are too detailed to state to VSR staff at the time of appointment booking), so that staff may retrieve some resources before the researcher’s arrival.
- Research Room Direct Line: 226-909-2890
- Researchers will use a designated locker to store bags and other items not needed for research.
- Upon entering the Research Room, researchers will be directed to a work area.
- Plexi-glass barriers are placed at the work areas.
- Browsing in the Research Room will not be permitted at this time.
- Staff will retrieve all items required by researchers.
- Researchers will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the Research Room.
- Researchers will have sanitized their hands upon entering the building, following Museum admission protocols.
- The researcher table, computers, microfilm reader and locker will be cleaned after each individual researcher’s use
- Staff will retrieve materials for researchers from both the Research Room and secure Archival Storage area.
- Staff will photocopy materials on request, pursuant to the established fees.