When you volunteer you are a guide of culture and history for Bruce County!
The BCM&CC celebrates the history of Bruce County, its diverse heritage and rich culture. We achieve our mission through the preservation of artifacts and archival materials, interactive displays, interpretive workshops, programs for schools, families and children, research, special exhibitions and cultural events.
Discover the rewarding experience of being a Museum Volunteer!
Volunteers are the building blocks of the BCM&CC. Many of our activities and programs depend on the assistance of dedicated volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities are varied:
- Working with children in school and holiday programs
- Guiding, as a docent, visitors and tour groups through our exhibits
- Providing administrative assistance
- Conducting genealogical research and inputting data on the computer
- Assisting with the planning and execution of special events
- Smart Serve Bartenders and servers
- Designing and setting up new exhibits
- Artistically painting our exhibit walls
- Researching exhibit information
- Organizing fund raising events
- Cataloging artifacts
- Assisting in the Gift Shop
- Gardening in our historical gardens
- Meeting and greeting visitors in the lobby
- And so much more!
When you volunteer at the Museum, you will:
- Become part of a team that is truly making a difference by preserving Bruce County’s past and providing meaningful contributions to the community
- Create new purpose and meaning into your life
- Achieve personal growth, gain job satisfaction, and experience self fulfillment
- Meet new people and create lifelong friendships
- Become a role model to a youth volunteer
- Express personal ideas and gain new knowledge
- Enjoy flexible schedules
- Be invited to the annual appreciation event