We’ve missed you!
The Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre is Open
Bruce County continues to put public safety first and will have protocols that keep visitors and staff safe by following guidelines under Stage 3 of the Provincial framework for re-opening and the advice of Grey Bruce Public Health officials.
We are happy to have you back, we ask you to work with us to keep the Museum a safe place for yourself, for all visitors and for our staff by carefully reviewing the changes since your last visit.
- If you have travelled outside the province within the past 14 days, feel ill or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We will be here when you are feeling better!
- All visitors will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry to the Museum
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering while at the Museum (Don’t worry, if you forget to bring one, the BCM&CC will have some available for purchase)
- All visitors are required to respect physical distancing throughout the facility and on the exterior grounds.
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday, 10 am – 4:30 pm, closed daily between 12 pm and 1 pm.
- There will be a limit of 50 people at one time.
- Admission to the Archives & Research Room Monday- Saturday, Booking by appointments only directly with Archives.
- If you are using the elevator, we ask that you do so only with the people you have come with.
- Touchless payment (credit/debit – tap) for any of our services is preferred
- Please remember to be patient with other visitors and our staff, as these new protocols have been implemented to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
- While we have increased our cleaning protocols and high touch areas are being cleaned frequently, hand sanitizer will also be available at specific highly interactive programming areas within our exhibitions.
Researchers are required to contact the Archives & Research Room in advance to reserve a date and time slot and to discuss you research needs: Research Room Direct Line: 226-909-2890; Email: email@example.com.
Access to the Research Room is limited to two visitors per time slot and is by appointment only. Two daily time slots are available from Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. -12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Retrieval services are available, but the public are not permitted to browse the collection at this time. On Saturdays, retrieval of items from the archival storage area, not discussed in advance, may be limited.
In order to ensure your visit is as productive as possible please review the tips for researchers when booking by clicking here.
All donation of materials to the BCM&CC Collection and Archives must be scheduled by appointment Monday – Friday. We also ask that only one person attend the appointment if possible. You can schedule your appointment in advance by contacting Deb Sturdevant, Archivist firstname.lastname@example.org for Archival donations and Laura Leonard, Curatorial Assistant email@example.com for Collection materials.
Financial donations to the BCM&CC can be received by calling during our business hours or online on our donations page.
As we move into Stage 3 of Re-opening, we would like to remind everyone to:
- Stay home and isolate if you feel unwell
- Obey any on-site signage
- Wear a face covering in all indoor places
- Continue to practice physical distancing
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently
Please continue to exercise caution, be kind and stay safe.
Limitation of Liability
Please note that while the BCM&CC continues to adhere to health and safety guidelines to keep you safe, an inherent risk of exposure to the highly contagious COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By being in public spaces like the BCM&CC, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. BCM&CC cannot and does not guarantee that its facilities are virus free or that patrons and guests will not be exposed to viruses and other communicable diseases from staff or any other patrons or guests. Accordingly, BCM&CC assumes no liability in respect of the spread of any virus or infectious disease and all patrons and guests attending at any BCM&CC facility or venue do so at their own risk.