We’ve missed you!
The Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre is preparing for gradual reopening beginning on August 10, 2020 to members and on August 24, 2020 to the public. Bruce County continues to put public safety first and will have protocols that keep visitors and staff safe by following guidelines under Stage 3 of the Provincial framework for re-opening and the advice of Grey Bruce Public Health officials. We are happy to have you back, and as we re-open to the public, we ask you to work with us to keep the Museum a safe place for yourself, for all visitors and for our staff by carefully reviewing the changes since your last visit.
- If you have travelled outside the province within the past 14 days, feel ill or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We will be here when you are feeling better!
- All visitors will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry to the Museum
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering while at the Museum (Don’t worry, if you forget to bring one, the BCM&CC will have some available for purchase)
- All visitors are required to respect physical distancing throughout the facility and on the exterior grounds.
- New Hours of Operation: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday-Saturday
- Admission to the Museum will be limited and time-ticketed: There will be two daily time slots: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Pre-booking and prepayment is required and can be completed online.
- There will be a limit of 50 people per time slot. While children of the age of 4 are free you will need to include them in your entire party number, so we ensure we are following our overall limit of 50 people. Please print your ticket and bring it with you for your designated timeframe.
- If visitors do not have an appointment, they will only be accommodated as space and time allow.
- Admission to the Archives & Research Room is limited to one researcher per time slot, Tuesday- Friday, 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.. Appointments may be made by contacting the Archives directly, and not through the online booking system.
- If you are using the elevator, we ask that you do so only with the people you have come with.
- Touchless payment (credit/debit – tap) for any of our services is preferred
- Please remember to be patient with other visitors and our staff, as these new protocols have been implemented to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
- While we have increased our cleaning protocols and high touch areas are being cleaned frequently, hand sanitizer will also be available at specific highly interactive programming areas within our exhibitions.
- You will need to reserve for a specific date and time. Times available are Monday to Saturday, either 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m
- You will need to ensure that all members of your party are accounted for in the booking, this includes children ages 4 and under
- Before completing your booking, you will be required to review the visiting guidelines & COVID-19 self screening requirements through online booking process.
The online ticketing process does not apply to the Archives & Research Room. Researchers are required to contact the Archives & Research Room in advance to reserve a date and time slot and to discuss you research needs: Research Room Direct Line: 226-909-2890; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to the Research Room is limited to 1 visitor per time slot and is by appointment only. Two daily time slots are available from Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. -12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Retrieval services are available, but the public are not permitted to browse the collection at this time.
In order to ensure your visit is as productive as possible please review the tips for researchers when booking by clicking here.
At this time, payment for admission, photocopy or other fees may be by cheque or cash only.
All donation of materials to the BCM&CC Collection and Archives must be scheduled by appointment Monday – Friday from 9:00am-10:00am. We also ask that only one person attend the appointment if possible. You can schedule your appointment in advance by contacting Deb Sturdevant, Archivist email@example.com for Archival donations and Laura Leonard, Curatorial Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org for Collection materials.
Financial donations to the BCM&CC can be received by calling during our business hours or online on our donations page.
As we move into Stage 3 of Re-opening, we would like to remind everyone to:
- Stay home and isolate if you feel unwell
- Obey any on-site signage
- Wear a face covering in all indoor places
- Continue to practice physical distancing
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently
Please continue to exercise caution, be kind and stay safe.
Limitation of Liability
Please note that while the BCM&CC continues to adhere to health and safety guidelines to keep you safe, an inherent risk of exposure to the highly contagious COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By being in public spaces like the BCM&CC, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. BCM&CC cannot and does not guarantee that its facilities are virus free or that patrons and guests will not be exposed to viruses and other communicable diseases from staff or any other patrons or guests. Accordingly, BCM&CC assumes no liability in respect of the spread of any virus or infectious disease and all patrons and guests attending at any BCM&CC facility or venue do so at their own risk.