Photo Request Form
Photograph and Image Reproductions
The Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre offers digital copies of historic photographs for sale at a cost of $19.21 per image including tax. Photographs will be delivered via email.
If you are ordering on behalf of a Bruce County non-profit organization, please contact the Archives before completing this form, firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-797-2080.
1. By submitting this form, I agree that this document shall serve as a legally binding purchase order and one-time, non-exclusive reproduction agreement.
2. I agree to promptly and fully pay the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre (BCM&CC) all fees associated with the reproduction of the requested photographs and/or negatives specified in this form.
3. Copyright, underlying rights, all other intellectual rights and interest pertaining to the requested photographs and or negatives and to any and all reproductions generated under this agreement by any means whatsoever, shall at all times be retained solely by the BCM&CC. The BCM&CC does not surrender, assign or transfer copyright to any party for any reason.
4. I assume sole legal liability for any infringements of copyright, underlying rights, all other intellectual rights and interest or invasion of privacy, pertaining to the use, reproduction, distribution, exhibition, sale, digitization or publication of the requested photographs and/or negatives. It is fully understood that the BCM&CC and the Corporation of the County of Bruce shall in no way be held legally liable for infringements of copyright, underlying rights, all other intellectual rights and interest or invasion of privacy, associated with this reproduction request now or at any time in the future.
5. This document, once submitted, is a one-time, non-exclusive agreement to reproduce the photographs and/or negatives specified on the face of this agreement or attached sheets only. I agree that purchase and/or possession of the reproduced photographs shall in no way constitute a right to: re-use, re-purpose, adapt, modify, enhance, value-add, use with other works, products or merchandise, advertise, distribute, sub-license, sell, rent, digitally scan, copy, exhibit, display, include in a database or multimedia produce, or transmit, by any media or technology now known to exist or to be invented or discovered in the future, except for the specified one-time, non exclusive use identified on the face of this agreement, without prior written permission of BCM&CC.
6. If copy negatives must be produced of any of the requested photographs, these negatives shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the BCM&CC.
7. If the image is approved for digital use on a website, it will be no more than 72 dpi. The long side of the image should not be more than 550 pixels, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the BCM&CC.
8. I agree to provide exhibit labels or citation giving credit to the BCM&CC whenever the reproductions of any photographs and/or negatives (specified on the face of this agreement or attached sheets) are used. The credit line must read: “Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre” followed by accession number (i.e. A992.022) and photographer name (i.e. J.H. Scougall) when known: Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre: A992.022.001, J.H. Scougall
By submitting the below form, I the purchaser hereby acknowledge that I have carefully read, fully understand and absolutely agree to all conditions as outlined above, and that this document shall serve as a legally binding purchase order and one-time, non-exclusive photographic reproduction agreement.